Who Am I to Question God?

Then said the LORD, Doest thou well to be angry?
-Jonah 4:4

Who am I? Who am I that I have to be angry with the Lord? Am I not just a clay (Job 10:9) molded in the hands of my Creator? Yet, I do complain.

Look at you, oh, man! You are blessed with intelligence and free will but still you crave for more than what your Creator has given you. Thus, in the glory of your freedom you begin to realized that nothing satisfies your soul. Vaingloriously craving for something and has unquenchable thirst for almost anything. Yea, you even walked to the path of your own swift destruction and drowned in the seas of confusion. Then, you dare to question the will of God? What a despicable thing to do!

Who am I to question the Lord? His thoughts are unfathomable. Crowned with infinite wisdom from everlasting to everlasting. A mere man like me cannot even reach a conclusion to a single question of my own philosophy. Professing to be wise I am indeed a fool (Romans 1:22).

To question God in my wrath--- was it the right way? Or am I making sense at all in the presence of my Lord? Trying to plead with words that condemns my folly.

Where should I go but to you, oh, Lord!? Teach my heart to be humble. To deny myself in your very presence. Seal my lips, that I may not utter the flagrant words of pure hypocrisy and childish rant. For you are the God of righteousness and I am but a man who ignorantly defiled your name. Woe unto me for I carry the burden of my own tongue! But all the glory and honor to you my Lord and my King!
Related Posts with Thumbnails